Vienna Conference Announced
Vienna, Austria - The Institute of Slavonic Studies of University of Vienna announce the call for papers for the workshop, "Slavonic Hymnography: Tradition and Innovation" which will be held at the University of Vienna on 14 - 16 September 2017.
The Workshop theme provides an opportunity for papers on a variety of topics and areas of research. The aim of the Workshop is to bring together researchers of different aspects of Slavonic hymnography. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
1. The creation of hymnographic works. Circle of hymnographers, attribution of services, Russian hymnograhy of the XVI – XVII cent.
2. The language of hymnography. Translation, correction, discrepancies, development.
3. “Original” Slavic hymnography. Problems of literary topos, borrowings, criteria of “originality”.
4. Textology in hymnography. Adaptation of classical textology for hymnographical research.
5. Edition of hymnography. Problems and solutions.
6. Inter-relatedness of hymnography, hagiography and iconography.
The Workshop will take place at the Institute of Slavonic Studies at the University of Vienna.
The language of the conference will be Russian, German and English.
Submitting a paper Papers should be no longer than 20 minutes (thus allowing discussion time of 10 minutes) in duration. Proposals for the conference should include the following information:
- Paper title,
- Short abstract of the paper (max.500 words),
- Author’s (authors’) first and last names,
- Affiliation (institution), job title,
- Educational status or degree obtained (student, postgraduate student, PhD, professor, etc.).
Proposals should be sent to the organizing committee (email@example.com) by 15 March 2017.